Ari Herstand recently wrote a post on Digital Music News that compared 7 different digital distribution companies.
In this post, Ari left out the digital distribution companies that only work with labels, and wanted to include the companies that allow anyone to sign up to their services. While this was a very well balanced and interesting article, we couldn’t help notice a certain distributor that had been left out, despite meeting the above criteria: Horus Music Limited.
Music Distribution Comparison
Horus Music was incorporated in 2006 by musician Nick Dunn and has since grown to become one of the biggest independent distributors in the UK.
Nick had previously been frustrated by other distributors that were currently in the market place and decided that he could do a better job of it himself and quickly obtained direct contracts with stores with the main aim of providing the best possible service for clients.
- Here’s a breakdown as to why we think we should be considered when preparing your next release for distribution:
- We have been around for 10 years and so we have a proven track record with our clients.
- Distribution to over 200 stores around the world including many in local territories that are often ignored, such as Japan, Korea and South America.
- We also have a physical distribution package so clients can have their CD/Vinyl available in stores.
- No yearly or hidden fees – sign up to your chosen package and then pay nothing further.
- No additional fees for sending to other stores and music is automatically sent to new stores as we obtain contracts with them.
- Next day reports for iTunes, Deezer, Google Play, Amazon MP3, and Spotify so you are kept informed of the progress of your release.
- Simple to use ‘Client Zone’ for building your release with step-by-step tool-tips.
- Easy to contact either via phone or email with 24/7 support available.
- Free to add an iTunes booklet or set up a pre-order.
- All of our contracts are direct with stores and we do not use middlemen.