When submitting a video release to us, there are several checks that need to be made before your video can go live, this means meeting VEVO’s unique specifications for all releases. This can make video releases a confusing process, but we are here to help!
It all begins with requesting a VEVO channel, which can be done through a form in the metadata section for the release on MyClientZone. When requesting a channel, VEVO will only create a channel that is based on the artist of the video you are submitting. They will not accept any channels based on labels or production companies. The other rule of requesting a channel is that the full name, including the added “VEVO” on the end, must be no more than 20 characters in length. It can take up to 2 weeks for a channel to be created.
With regards to the actual video, VEVO have a strict set of specifications for the dimensions and file type. VEVO ask that any video is submitted is in HD, and adheres to the following rules:
- Compression Type: H.264
- File Format: .mov or .mp4
- Dimensions: 1920×1080 or 1280×720
- Frame Rate: Minimum 29.97fps or higher
- Bit Rate: 24mb/s minimum. Must not exceed 50 mb/s
- No interlacing
- Multi-pass encoding is recommended.
Other rules regarding the styling and look of the video are also enforced by VEVO, such as the video must fill the entire of the screen and may not use letter boxing. Additionally, videos also cannot use text to display lyrics or other credits and watermarks unless it is specifically a lyric video.
The video thumbnail that you submit must also adhere to VEVO guidelines. The thumbnail must be:
- 1920 x 1080 and cannot include any social media links on the artwork, including logos.
Once a VEVO channel has been created for you, you may also want to change the profile picture, add a banner photo, or add social media links to your channel page. This can be done by sending the material to us via email, however the images must be a certain size.
- A profile picture must be a minimum of 1000 x 1000 (maximum 5000 x 5000) pixels
- Must just be a press photo of the artist of high resolution with no text.
- A banner image must be 2560 x 1440 pixels in order to fit all screen types, such as tablets, computers, and TV’s.
- If you wish to include text or a logo on the banner image, it must be in the centre and can only be a maximum size of 1546 x 423 pixels. A template can be sent to you on request.
- Any social media links that you want to include on VEVO can be sent to us via email too.